Monday, July 24, 2017

Be of good cheer

This week I had the opportunity to work with a missionary in Quevedo, the furthest part of the mission.  There it was wonderful weather, a little cooler with a nice cloud cover, and I had a great experience!  The missionary I worked with was one of the happiest missionaries I have seen!  It is obvious that he loves being a missionary, and loves serving!  As we walked through the streets he would greet everyone in such a loving and cheerful way, to the point that I asked him if he knew them, and he would say ´more or less´ with a smile.  He goes around spreading joy and happiness, no matter who he sees or what he is doing.  I learned a lot from this experience I had with him.  I could feel his love, and also the love of God as I was with him.  That love whose beauty is ´´far beyond, yea, exceeding of all beauty´´ and is ´´precious above all´´ (1 Nephi 11:8-9).  Recently, I have felt that there have been a lot of things to do, and that the next few weeks could be stressful or saddening, but I learned from him, and from what the Holy Ghost taught me through simple thoughts and impressions that there is no reason to be down.  No matter what the situation, or what challenges we may face, or how hard or impossible the path ahead of us seems, that we can always follow the advice of our Savior, and of many of His prophets and apostles, and ´be of good cheer´ (John 16:33).

I know that as we remember our Savior, and what He has done for us, continues doing for us, and will yet do for us, that we will be of good cheer.  There is no challenge or sorrow that He has not overcome, and there is nothing that, through our faithfulness to Him, will stop our eternal happiness in the presence and love of our loving Heavenly Father.  I hope we can turn our thought back to Jesus Christ, and pray to our loving Father with faith, remember all that He has done for us, His children, so that we can always be of good cheer, and also spread His love to those around us, as did my fellow missionary in Quevedo.

I hope you all have a joyful week!

-Elder Oyler
 
 

With Elder Arias in Quevedo



The Historic Park - Elder Spencer, Elder Capistran, Elder Bazalar, Elder Hern√°ndez, Elder Carranza

A celebration for a holiday here in Guayaquil today (in the Historic Park)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment